Latest interface: beta10
Latest system: 11.0-003
Quimby
User

5 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 12:27
Hi all,

I'm trying to access the webinterface from the LiveCD. All I get after mutiple downloads of the iso and reboots is this error. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/mehj.png/

Is it because of my rarely used ip range? (im running my private LAN on 23.23.23.0/24).

Because when I access the webinterface from the console on the zfsguru-machine itself,
(via telnet 127.0.0.1 80 and "GET / HTTP/1.0") I'm correctly redirected to 'status.php'.

greets
Quimby
Smurfzor
User

13 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 12:55
If i correctly remember there was a setting somewhere which limits the access to 192.168.*.* (i think it was in the web interface) which is default on.
Quimby
User

5 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 15:29
Thank you for the hint. I'm gonna try to edit the lighty config via terminal. Must be possible somehow to disable that. If that doesnt work i'll switch to 192.168.*.* temporarly.

cya
Quimby
Jason
Developer

756 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 16:41
23.23.23.0/24 is not a valid private IP range, using such a network range internally could cause problems with internet access. What if your browser tries to connect with a webserver at 23.23.23.17 on the internet? That would not work anymore.

The web-interface blocks non-private IPs by default, to protect ZFSguru from being accessed from the Internet. You can probably disable the behavior by editing /usr/local/www/zfsguru/includes/procedure.php

Now look for a function called:
function procedure_authenticate()And directly after the { opening tag insert a new line with:
return true;

That should give you access, allowing you to update to 0.1.9 which should have this problem resolved due to giving you an option in the welcome wizard to allow other IP ranges.
Quimby
User

5 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 17:03
Thanks Jason, I unterstand this behaviour and it makes sense. I'm gonna try to change that php file.

I'm using the 23 range because it's has sometimes advantages when you vpn in from a different network (there will never be any conflicting ip ranges). Nobody else is using 23.0.0.0/8, because its a reserved Class A Range. I don't know if IANA will ever change this (not giving away this range). I have been running this for years and never had any issues because (at the moment) there are no public 23.x.x.x addresses.
Quimby
User

5 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 17:24
Ok, i have to correct myself. I now see that 23.9-something belongs to Akamai. But it wasn't all bs what i wrote. I swear that two or three years ago 23.x.x.x was definitely empty. ;-)
Jason
Developer

756 posts

Posted on 8 November 2011 @ 17:38
Could very well be, Quimby! But as far as ZFSguru is concerned, only the officially assigned local IP address ranges 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x and 172.16.x.x-172.31.x.x are considered local IP ranges, and are not blocked by default.

The current LiveCD is still using 0.1.8 version. This should change as of day, with the release of an experimental LiveCD sporting 9.0-002 system image as well as 0.1.9 final web-interface. The 0.1.9 versions have a Welcome Wizard which should not block your 'weird' 23.x.x.x IP address by default. At the first step you can choose what IP ranges to allow, and the IP address of the computer you use to access the web-interface should be whitelisted, so it always has access.

In other words, probably your problem will be gone with 0.1.9 web-interface.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1