Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
Qui
User

65 posts

Posted on 7 October 2018 @ 09:38edited 09:38 37s
So I upgraded over to 11.1 before, and started using GENERIC kernel, everything worked fine, but yesterday I upgraded to 11.2 and now the web interface stopped working with the following error:

ZFSguru web-interface broken: requires php5-session extension!

I've been looking into the php71-session and session.so library file and through the zfsguru /usr/local/www/zfsguru/includes folder where the procedure.php is the one trying to start session_start(); and it seems it fails and then outputs that message. I looked at php homepage and it seems that they changed something so that session_start(); now returns false instead of true, dunno what to do about that. Didnt't see any other way to initialize session.so.

Any1 got a clue about what to do?

The webinterface is great, but if I can't get it working it's fine, I'll make due without. But hopefully someone better with php can help :)

Regards
Qui
User

65 posts

Posted on 8 October 2018 @ 18:57
seems I was just missing this package: php71-pecl-redis-4.1.0, now both zfsguur-webinterface works and my owncloud install :)
karmantyu
User

169 posts

Posted on 9 October 2018 @ 05:09
Thank you for the information Qui. I think the default version for 11.2 is php56 and I cannot get the web interface working neither php71 nor php56. So for example pools.php returns 'ERROR: detecting ZFS pools failed; unexpected output from zpool list! Update ZFSguru web-interface or downgrade system version!'

I think a professional PHP syntax check would be necessary for a functional webinterface. I suppose we are left alone with that.
Qui
User

65 posts

Posted on 13 October 2018 @ 06:47
Yes I get the same error for my pools, but everything else work.

I mostly use it for HDD-temps (even though smartctl works fine through CLI) ;).And some snapshot overview.

Btw have you upgraded your zfspool & bootcode yet?

Been holding out on that, I'm gonna follow the instructions here (learn from the first guys mistake :P)
Done this before, but it was several years ago, when the bootcode thingy from the zfsguru interface didn't give me the correct bootcode :). https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/11-2-release-unable-to-find-zfs-bootcode.66552/
karmantyu
User

169 posts

Posted on 14 October 2018 @ 16:58
I left bootcode how it is. Until it gives no problem there is no reason to update.
Qui
User

65 posts

Posted on 14 October 2018 @ 19:33
but if you want the new zfs features, you have to upgrade the bootcode too, right?
karmantyu
User

169 posts

Posted on 25 October 2018 @ 11:08
I don't know which new feature you need. Upgrading ZFS pools with nonstandard features could cause problems when switching OS to other ZFS supporting Linux or Unix variant.
ctcitech
User

9 posts

Posted on 20 February 2019 @ 21:36edited 21:58 48s
Modify from line 109 to 136 of '/usr/local/www/zfsguru/includes/zfs.php' to:

function zfs_pool_list($poolname = false)
// detect zpool by looking at zpool list output
{
$zpools = array();
if ($poolname == false)
exec('/sbin/zpool list', $zpools_raw);
else
exec('/sbin/zpool list '.$poolname, $zpools_raw);
$zpool_count = count($zpools_raw)-1;
for ($i = 1; $i <= $zpool_count; $i++)
{
$chunks = preg_split('/\s/m', $zpools_raw[$i], -1, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY);
$zpool_name = $chunks[0];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['size'] = $chunks[1];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['used'] = $chunks[2];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['free'] = $chunks[3];
// modern ZFS implementation has 10 columns
if (count($chunks) == 11)
{
$zpools[$zpool_name]['chkpoint'] = $chunks[4];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['expandsz'] = $chunks[5];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['frag'] = $chunks[6];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['cap'] = $chunks[7];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['dedup'] = $chunks[8];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['status'] = $chunks[9];
$zpools[$zpool_name]['altroot'] = $chunks[10];
}

This should do the trick... however today was the first time I exposed myself to php, sorry if I made any errors, but it works.

CS
ctcitech
User

9 posts

Posted on 20 February 2019 @ 21:39edited 21:58 59s
I should also point out that I did not test any features yet, this is purely to get the Pools pages up and running.

CS
ctcitech
User

9 posts

Posted on 24 February 2019 @ 01:41
If anyone is interested, it seems that everything is working just fine after 3 days of tests. The only error I received was when I ran a slog performance test, and then tried to retest the ssd without adding it to the pool. Making vdevs works, disk and pool functions work.

I still need to test adding drives, extending pools and whatnot, as I am at max capacity in my enclosure with 60 hard drives. For an already functioning pool imported to FreeBSD 12, so far so good. I also updated the WebUI to work with Samba4 and all is well.

If there is any interest, I could put together a clear guide on how to upgrade to FreeBSD 12 and get the WebUI functioning. ZFSguru is capable of living on.

CS
Wishave37
User

12 posts

Posted on 10 March 2019 @ 06:10
Take video game breaks. Sitting in the same position for too long can be dangerous to your overall health. https://www.technosizzle.com/ Force yourself every half an hour to hit that pause button and walk around the room for a bit. This will help your body as well as clear your mind.
dearangelo2
User

45 posts

Posted on 31 March 2019 @ 11:47edited 11:47 57s
ctcitech wrote: If anyone is interested, it seems that everything is working just fine after 3 days of tests. The only error I received was when I ran a slog performance test, and then tried to retest the ssd without adding it to the pool. Making vdevs works, disk and pool functions work.

I still need to test adding drives, extending pools and whatnot, as I am at max capacity in my enclosure with 60 hard drives. For an already functioning pool imported to FreeBSD 12, so far so good. I also updated the WebUI to work with Samba4 and all is well.

If there is any interest, I could put together a clear guide on how to upgrade to FreeBSD 12 and get the WebUI functioning. ZFSguru is capable of living on.

CS

YES!
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1