Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 7 October 2018 @ 09:38edited 09:38 37s
So I upgraded over to 11.1 before, and started using GENERIC kernel, everything worked fine, but yesterday I upgraded to 11.2 and now the web interface stopped working with the following error:

ZFSguru web-interface broken: requires php5-session extension!

I've been looking into the php71-session and session.so library file and through the zfsguru /usr/local/www/zfsguru/includes folder where the procedure.php is the one trying to start session_start(); and it seems it fails and then outputs that message. I looked at php homepage and it seems that they changed something so that session_start(); now returns false instead of true, dunno what to do about that. Didnt't see any other way to initialize session.so.

Any1 got a clue about what to do?

The webinterface is great, but if I can't get it working it's fine, I'll make due without. But hopefully someone better with php can help :)

Regards
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 8 October 2018 @ 18:57
seems I was just missing this package: php71-pecl-redis-4.1.0, now both zfsguur-webinterface works and my owncloud install :)
karmantyu
User

163 posts

Posted on 9 October 2018 @ 05:09
Thank you for the information Qui. I think the default version for 11.2 is php56 and I cannot get the web interface working neither php71 nor php56. So for example pools.php returns 'ERROR: detecting ZFS pools failed; unexpected output from zpool list! Update ZFSguru web-interface or downgrade system version!'

I think a professional PHP syntax check would be necessary for a functional webinterface. I suppose we are left alone with that.
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 13 October 2018 @ 06:47
Yes I get the same error for my pools, but everything else work.

I mostly use it for HDD-temps (even though smartctl works fine through CLI) ;).And some snapshot overview.

Btw have you upgraded your zfspool & bootcode yet?

Been holding out on that, I'm gonna follow the instructions here (learn from the first guys mistake :P)
Done this before, but it was several years ago, when the bootcode thingy from the zfsguru interface didn't give me the correct bootcode :). https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/11-2-release-unable-to-find-zfs-bootcode.66552/
karmantyu
User

163 posts

Posted on 14 October 2018 @ 16:58
I left bootcode how it is. Until it gives no problem there is no reason to update.
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 14 October 2018 @ 19:33
but if you want the new zfs features, you have to upgrade the bootcode too, right?
karmantyu
User

163 posts

Posted on 25 October 2018 @ 11:08
I don't know which new feature you need. Upgrading ZFS pools with nonstandard features could cause problems when switching OS to other ZFS supporting Linux or Unix variant.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1