Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 7 October 2018 @ 09:38edited 09:38 37s
So I upgraded over to 11.1 before, and started using GENERIC kernel, everything worked fine, but yesterday I upgraded to 11.2 and now the web interface stopped working with the following error:

ZFSguru web-interface broken: requires php5-session extension!

I've been looking into the php71-session and session.so library file and through the zfsguru /usr/local/www/zfsguru/includes folder where the procedure.php is the one trying to start session_start(); and it seems it fails and then outputs that message. I looked at php homepage and it seems that they changed something so that session_start(); now returns false instead of true, dunno what to do about that. Didnt't see any other way to initialize session.so.

Any1 got a clue about what to do?

The webinterface is great, but if I can't get it working it's fine, I'll make due without. But hopefully someone better with php can help :)

Regards
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 8 October 2018 @ 18:57
seems I was just missing this package: php71-pecl-redis-4.1.0, now both zfsguur-webinterface works and my owncloud install :)
karmantyu
User

160 posts

Posted on 9 October 2018 @ 05:09
Thank you for the information Qui. I think the default version for 11.2 is php56 and I cannot get the web interface working neither php71 nor php56. So for example pools.php returns 'ERROR: detecting ZFS pools failed; unexpected output from zpool list! Update ZFSguru web-interface or downgrade system version!'

I think a professional PHP syntax check would be necessary for a functional webinterface. I suppose we are left alone with that.
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 13 October 2018 @ 06:47
Yes I get the same error for my pools, but everything else work.

I mostly use it for HDD-temps (even though smartctl works fine through CLI) ;).And some snapshot overview.

Btw have you upgraded your zfspool & bootcode yet?

Been holding out on that, I'm gonna follow the instructions here (learn from the first guys mistake :P)
Done this before, but it was several years ago, when the bootcode thingy from the zfsguru interface didn't give me the correct bootcode :). https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/11-2-release-unable-to-find-zfs-bootcode.66552/
karmantyu
User

160 posts

Posted on 14 October 2018 @ 16:58
I left bootcode how it is. Until it gives no problem there is no reason to update.
Qui
User

64 posts

Posted on 14 October 2018 @ 19:33
but if you want the new zfs features, you have to upgrade the bootcode too, right?
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1