Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
unL33T
User

8 posts

Posted on 21 June 2016 @ 00:55
I booted from a ZFS Guru USB and followed the installation Wizard. The only option it gave for install was ZFS Pool so I selected my pre-existing ZFS pool that I imported. When I try to boot I get a message, "This is a NAS data disk and can not boot system. System halted."

I will redo my installation by wiping the disks in my pool and maybe try installing to USB but why did it ask me to install to that pool if I can't boot off it anyway?

Sorry, I'm new.
unL33T
User

8 posts

Posted on 21 June 2016 @ 01:15
Hmm it won't let me install to USB unless I create a pool first and then the only option is Root on ZFS which it says is not suitable for USB sticks?
unL33T
User

8 posts

Posted on 21 June 2016 @ 01:39
Reformatted all drives to GPT, recreated the Pool, system gives no error message but sits there forever without actually booting now.
unL33T
User

8 posts

Posted on 22 June 2016 @ 02:09
Still can't get an option to install Root on RAM... any help would be appreciated. :)
Aro
User

20 posts

Posted on 2 July 2016 @ 23:42
Create pool in flash drive, make two copies safety, or 3. Install in pool. worked for me, but I had some help in making it, so cant say in detail, what was done exactly.
DVD_Chef
User

130 posts

Posted on 5 July 2016 @ 22:36
It is possible to boot from a cd or usb media and import an existing pool and install to it, but if the disks do not contain a freebsd-boot partition with proper bootcode the system can not boot by itself. You can confirm this by booting with a cd/usb and check the formatting tab under the disk option. The first partition should be pink/red and marked freebsd-boot. If you have this partition, then click on it to bring up further options for verifying and updating the bootcode.
bitmap
User

26 posts

Posted on 10 July 2016 @ 19:56
Not sure if there may be some old boot information stuck on your disks, but I had a patch over here to do a more thorough wipe of old partition data when you reformat a disk.

http://zfsguru.com/forum/zfsgurusupport/1086
NatashaDavies
User

3 posts

Posted on 4 October 2018 @ 06:38edited 06:40 27s
NatashaDavies
User

3 posts

Posted on 4 October 2018 @ 06:39
thanks
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1