Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 19 August 2015 @ 19:31
Qui: just a few posts above i explained how to create the USB stick on Linux/BSD with dd. Read here: http://zfsguru.com/forum/zfsgurudevelopment/981.4#6244
Jason
Developer

806 posts

Posted on 20 August 2015 @ 23:02
CiPHER: maybe we should extend the documentation a bit, with screenshots etc. on how to do this? Maybe this is a task you would like to do?
Jason
Developer

806 posts

Posted on 20 August 2015 @ 23:03edited 23:03 53s
I am closing this thread now, since 0.3 is released.

Please visit the 0.3 release thread: http://zfsguru.com/forum/zfsgurudevelopment/988.
yamahabest
User

45 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 00:05
yamahabest wrote: Whilst the previous one was my own fault, I think this one really doesn't work.

Screenshot: http://snag.gy/OSFjo.jpg

When clicking the lower button, the pages refreshes and afterwards shows the same screen.
However, the log devices are not added to the pool.

Edit: when running the command line commando "zpool add datapool log mirror gpt/ZIL-1 gpt/ZIL-2", it does add the log devices to the pool.

Just to let the developers know, this issue is still around.
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 00:22
Thanks, but i think this one is already fixed for the upcoming bugfix release (0.3.2).
yamahabest
User

45 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 00:47
yamahabest wrote: Hmmm... this is also strange. If I reboot after successful install, the system is not able to boot:

"Can't find /boot/zfsloader

FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: datapool:/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:
\
Can't find /boot/kernel/kernel

FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: datapool:/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:"

I am now installing on the real system, however, I get the same error after rebooting.
Installing worked without any problems.
What am I doing wrong?
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 00:51
What is your installation device?

Are you REALLY sure you are booting from the right disk? Try invoking the boot menu (F11 or F12 usually).
yamahabest
User

45 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 01:11
You are correct once again, sir.
It was trying to boot of one of the disks of the datapool. It would be better if it was an option on the Disks page to format a disk with the option to not create a boot partition.
yamahabest
User

45 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 01:18
Is it normal for the Volumes page to take quite a while to load?
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 01:18
Yes, or just omit the MBR boot sector so you can switch it to become bootable or not. Will think about it. :)
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 01:19
Not sure about the Volumes page. Could be that it checks for things which take some time.
yamahabest
User

45 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 01:31edited 01:38 35s
CiPHER wrote: Yes, or just omit the MBR boot sector so you can switch it to become bootable or not. Will think about it. :)
I think I can "destroy" the boot partitions, right?

CiPHER wrote: Not sure about the Volumes page. Could be that it checks for things which take some time.
It seems to take forever. I can stop the loading, then I get a page without any volumes.
I also have to stop the loading, before I can switch to another page on the web interface.

Tested also by creating a volume, after which it also takes forever. Once stopping the loading, the newly created volume is shown.
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 9 September 2015 @ 01:38
Yes, you can remove the the boot partitions. That still will leave the MBR boot sector, though. So it will still be bootable; but the error you get will be different.

Will check tomorrow what the Volumes page actually does. Gotha get some sleep now. :)
« Previous Page Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1