Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
hgeorgescu
User

41 posts

Posted on 20 September 2015 @ 15:39
I promised to not ask any more questions, but here is a feature request...
:)

I started with 10.2.003.
Spent about one hour installing all kind of packages ( you know... you start installing something, that leads to another one, which leads to another one, etc.)

I discovered this morning that 10.2.004 is available, and btw, is fixing some problems. The install guide says that a new version is essentially a new install. Now I have to go back, search, review and install all over again all previous packages. Can't this be a bit more user friendly?
Once the new install is done, have the option to install all the other packages from a list saved somewhere on the root filesystem? Pkg install takes a list, and can install multiple packages if told so.

I don't see any issue with this approach. Who wants to start a completely new/independent install can do so, while those who just want to resume what they had before, could just re-initiate the old profile, and be done with it as soon as possible.
Of course pkg install alone won't address any previous settings - and perhaps those can be placed as well in that profile, and turned on as soon as all the installations are finished.

Thank you for your great work, and for considering.

hg
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 20 September 2015 @ 15:55
This is already in the works - the new version 0.4 will add the Migration Manager. This will migrate your settings to the new installation, and also allows backups of your existing configuration.

It will still require you to manually install the services though. That will be improved with version 0.6 - the Task Manager functionality.

The design of ZFSguru will only shine once the conceived functionality is implemented. That still takes some time, particularly 0.6 is a lot of work under the hood. But 0.4 is forthcoming.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1