Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
cook_wjc
User

9 posts

Posted on 21 August 2015 @ 23:59
Hey CiPHER,

Looking for guidance on the plexpass service. I have a fresh install of 0.3.0 on 10.2.002 and the first service I asked it to install (plexpass) generates the error "could not start service plex-plexpass!" when attempting to start it. I get a similar error when I install the non plexpass version however, the web interface is accessible even though the service reports stopped.

What should my troubleshooting steps be to get this thing to start within the expectations of ZFSguru?
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 25 August 2015 @ 18:49
Hi cook_wjc,

Sorry missed your message.

Plexpass is a service only available to Plexpass-subscribers. So i cannot test the service myself i think?

Does the normal 'Plex' service work for you? Can you test this? If so, there could be an issue with the Plexpass version of Plex. This is probably a ZFSguru bug as there might not be that many people who tested this service, and Jason and myself cannot test it properly because we are not Plexpass-subscribers.
cook_wjc
User

9 posts

Posted on 25 August 2015 @ 20:19
Hi CiPHER,
No problem. I have tested both Plex and PlexPass services and they both seem to fail in the services management interface of ZFSguru. However, even though zfsGuru reports plex as not started, the web interface is available.

With PlexPass however the web interface is never available. As for the subscription requirements of PlexPass, yes you would need a subscription to be able to login and use its features, however you won't need a subscription to install that version and start the services on the ZFSguru server. This is the part that I can't seem to get past. I've dug into the various startup scripts and at one point saw a log file indicating a potential permissions issue, however I haven't been able to get it to generate new log files, which may also be a permissions issue.

CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 25 August 2015 @ 20:27
Ok, that should give me some pointers on diagnosing this issue.

I hope i can look at it this evening, otherwise tomorrow.

Trying the 003 build will not work, because the Plex service definitions have not been updated. Only if i fix Plex, the next 004 build will have the fixed Plex and Plexpass service.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1