Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
Theamazed1
User

21 posts

Posted on 17 June 2015 @ 20:25
Hi,

I'm trying to connect to ZFSguru from a Win7 machine. I installed Remmina service, but that doesn't seem available for Windows. So I installed TightVNC on Win7 (like I used on previous ZFSguru releases) and tried to connect to port 5900 (Remmina is listening on port 5900 (VNC)). Doesn't work. I tried to install TightVNC from /usr/ports/net/tighvnc/ on ZFSguru, but am getting "make" errors...

Any idea on how to easily RDP into ZFSguru from Win7? The TightVNC-way used to be pretty handy...

Thanks in advance!

K
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 17 June 2015 @ 23:43
What you want is a VNC server on ZFSguru that you can access from other computers on the network, correct?

That is really sleek, and will become possible soon. But currently, ZFSguru lacks a service to configure this properly. It can be achieved with TightVNC package on the server, but not using the VNC viewer but rather the VNC server. Then you can login with VNC. But TightVNC needs to be configured in order to make this possible. I want to create a service sometime to do this; so it is on my to-do list.

Nothing prevents you from trying to configure it yourself though, if you are adept at following howto's there should be several TightVNC X server guides available.
karmantyu
User

131 posts

Posted on 18 June 2015 @ 10:40
Or if you have Gnome desktop vino is default installed with it.
Theamazed1
User

21 posts

Posted on 20 June 2015 @ 01:13
Will look into that, thanks

K
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 20 June 2015 @ 10:35
vino is only present in the Gnome Extra package, at least for the new system images that are going to be available soon. Not sure about the older system images that are currently available.

With vino, you will both be running the graphical desktop on your graphics hardware, as well as being able to login remote. A pure VNC desktop means less overhead, since only remote access is possible and local graphics hardware remains unused.
karmantyu
User

131 posts

Posted on 1 September 2016 @ 12:33edited 12:34 05s
I'm trying to access ZFSguru 007 system with MATE desktop installed through VNC, but have no luck to connect.
Read about xrdp and x11rdp but the script at http://scarygliders.net/ to configure GUI for it seems a little bit too much for my knowledge.
Is there any suggestion to achieve connecting to MATE ZFSguru desktop remotely?
Hakker
User

76 posts

Posted on 16 September 2016 @ 15:05edited 15:10 57s
You could take a peek at Anydesk. So far I like it on Windows and it is on FreeBSD. Kinda works like Teamviewer except smoother and not that horrible 3 hour limit.
karmantyu
User

131 posts

Posted on 16 September 2016 @ 20:06
Thank You Hakker,

I've made use of VNC already as you can see here
http://zfsguru.com/forum/zfsgurusupport/1120#6883
anyway, I will give a shot for Anydesk soon.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1