Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
hgeorgescu
User

41 posts

Posted on 21 September 2015 @ 02:12
Hello again;
Reporting another quirk.. following our email exchange I went and got another Nvidia card from the store, which was listed as supported.

I pulled the GE force 630 and put in the GE 210.
Rebooted the system and no miracles happened. Still no X and no gnome desktop. So I decided to delete 004 system image, and revert to previous /003 image, and then reinstall 004.
To my surprise after the installation it reported all services present, even if I specifically deleted the system image from the booting menu.

I checked the root filesystem to do the deletion manually, but couldn't figure out where 004 was taking that information from. So I started deleting them one by one from zfsguru web menu. In fact I stopped after deleting all those which had to do/or asked for X and Gnome, and nvidia driver. But soon I discovered that those left behind were not functional, so that eventually i had to uninstall all of the add-ons, and start re-installing them again.

The end of this whole time consuming exercise is not successful. The desktop enviroment doesn't start, regardless.
hg
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 21 September 2015 @ 03:16
Ah, this would indeed be a bug. That is, the booting menu should ask you whether to permanently delete your services.

It could be that Jason intended to wait for this functionality to be implemented in time for the Migration Manger - i do not know.

Regarding your chores with X - i will respond in your other thread!
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 21 September 2015 @ 03:17
By the way, to get rid of your services, you can delete the special services filesystem on the Files page:

<pool name>/zfsguru/services/<system version>

Like this:

tank/zfsguru/services/10.2.004

It should be automatically created again once you click the Services page, but then with no services installed (started fresh).
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1