Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
hgeorgescu
User

41 posts

Posted on 20 September 2015 @ 15:01
I'm hoping to be the last question today!
:)

I don't get the purpose of that line - do I already have a conflict in the installation (I only installed the sequence of packages as prompted from one step to another, installing rsync, and nut)?
Or it is only to warn me to not install X-server-KMS, which I didn't come across yet?
Thanks very much!
hg
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 20 September 2015 @ 15:20edited 15:20 57s
Conflicts are there to prevent two services being installed at the same time, which are incompatible with each other. Mostly because they install files on the same place. They cannot exist together at the same time.

It does NOT mean you have an actual conflict - the CONFLICT file in the service definition, defines which services it conflicts with. The ZFSguru web-interface will make sure you cannot install both at the same time.

I agree this may be confusing to the end user. You may read it as if there is an actual conflict, which there is not. The service manage page simply tries to say: this service cannot co-exist with another service named 'X-server-KMS'.

The X-server-KMS service is outdated - all X-server is now KMS or Kernel Mode Setting, meaning the modern graphics driver stack where the kernel controls the mode setting. So this is something of the past.

I will try to rephrase what the web-interface says. And the conflict with X-server-KMS can be removed since no X-server-KMS exists as of ZFSguru 0.3. It only exists for some older releases compatible with ZFSguru 0.2.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1