Pages: 1 2
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 15 December 2014 @ 07:39
That is possible, but somewhat tricky.

1. Mount the older system version
zfs set mountpoint=/mnt tank/zfsguru/10.0-001
(replace tank with poolname and 10.0-001 with the system name of the OLD system version)

2. Copy the file you want
cp -p /mnt/etc/hosts /root/hosts-file-from-10.0-001

3. Restore legacy mountpoint
zfs set mountpoint=legacy tank/zfsguru/10.0-001
(see step 1 to replace tank and 10.0-001)

If you do not restore the legacy mountpoint, that system image may not be bootable and can leave you with a non-bootable system if you activate it in the System->Booting menu. So beware!
dearangelo
User

59 posts

Posted on 8 January 2015 @ 07:16edited 20 January 2015 @ 12:55
hello again, although it has been a while without any problems, it did it again, when I tried to pull data from the pool and write it back, I was editing a video, on my desktop using a video file from the pool, over a WiFi, and putting the results back into the same directory, on the pool...
can you make any sense out of this? now I am scrubbing it... in the errors it gives me an indication of wire problems...!?
have a nice day!
regards
angelo e

also, all this happens when I move files from one directory to another directory... it gives me cable errors when I do a disk>smart>...
dearangelo2
User

16 posts

Posted on 16 October 2015 @ 20:15
Hi
I am coming back after long time, I have one simpe question.
Due to my motherboard ASUS going bad, actually the RJ45 gave up on me and I had no extra PCI to hook an expansion LAN card...and so it is not usable anymore. Since I am on an extremely tight budget, I was thinking about replacing this mobo ASUS AT5NM10-I, with this E35M1-M PRO, (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/E35M1M/) what is your opinion about the replacement? would it be of at least equal ability?
best regards
Angelo E

btw, I am user "dearangelo" but have lost my pass and so I made a new account...

CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 17 October 2015 @ 04:52
I suggest that you do not buy E350 motherboards - way too old.

Buy J1900 instead.

This board is nice: ASrock N3150DC-ITX(ext)

broken image

Benefits:
- onboard quadcore J1900 processor
- passive cooling; no CPU fan
- comes with built-in power supply (DC-DC) and the motherboard includes 65W power brick
- up to 4x SATA/600
- hardware accelerated encryption (AES-NI)
- cheap considering you get motherboard, cpu, heatsink and power supply all in one product
- only needs a 8GiB DDR3 memory module and a casing, plus disks
dearangelo2
User

16 posts

Posted on 17 October 2015 @ 08:35
CiPHER wrote: I suggest that you do not buy E350 motherboards - way too old.

Buy J1900 instead.

This board is nice: ASrock N3150DC-ITX(ext)

broken image

Benefits:
- onboard quadcore J1900 processor
- passive cooling; no CPU fan
- comes with built-in power supply (DC-DC) and the motherboard includes 65W power brick
- up to 4x SATA/600
- hardware accelerated encryption (AES-NI)
- cheap considering you get motherboard, cpu, heatsink and power supply all in one product
- only needs a 8GiB DDR3 memory module and a casing, plus disks

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
2 drawbacks, one is critical, due to my pool being a v5000, I can not boot from it (unless there has been some late improvement) and so I MUST employ ax extra drive hence coming to the need for 5 SATAs, the other problem, I would like to have more than just one PCI slot, having had that option, I would have not tossed away my previous mobo (this is not so important... anyways
Now for the "old" motherboard I asked you about, is it compatible with the ASUS I want to replace?
The mobo I mam asking you about, has a cpu and a passive cooling apparatus, and I think it may even have 2GB oRAM. It is a used one.... but compared to the AT5IONT-I, is it of lower abilities or just about even? because its 5 native sata ports make me var happy.

There are lovely and very exotic solutions out there and Asrock is having some very nice products, but I have no power to reach 'em, this is Greece of 2015... for whatever reason...
Thank you so very much for your time.
b regards
Angelo E
dearangelo2
User

16 posts

Posted on 23 October 2015 @ 22:25edited 22:26 57s
http://prntscr.com/8ukcb7
and the four drives are similar to this http://prntscr.com/8ukct9
http://prntscr.com/8uke8j

question, can I install system on the pool drives? even if they are v5000?
or? do I have to have an extra pool to boot from, in any case?
« Previous Page Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1