Latest interface: 0.3.1
Latest system: 010
kilian
User

3 posts

Posted on 2 January 2013 @ 09:25edited 09:26 19s
Hi Guys,

on the download page there is a old version of ZFSguru admin panel only. Is there any possibility to install ZFSguru to an existing FreeBSD system? I'm running two nodes with HAST and CAPR-Failover and would like to implement the great admin panel of ZFSguru.

Even the ZFSguru installation-guide link of the download page is not working:

http://zfsguru.com/doc/zfsguru

Thanks,
Kilian
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 2 January 2013 @ 09:49
Here it is i think:
http://zfsguru.com/doc/bsd/zfsguru

But it is very old. Installing ZFSguru manually is possible but not documented at all. You can use the document above as a start, but do not follow it exactly. You need to install some PHP extensions and configure some stuff the way ZFSguru expects it.

In the future, Jason wanted to create a FreeBSD port so you could transform your current vanilla FreeBSD into a ZFSguru server with everything that ZFSguru needs. But be aware that addon services only work if you use the official ZFSguru provided system images. Manual installation is not easy at all and at the moment unsupported - but not impossible.
kilian
User

3 posts

Posted on 3 January 2013 @ 05:31
Thank you very much for your help!

I tried to install and managed it to install ZFSguru 0.1.9 on my FreeBSD 9.1 RELEASE machine. Then i updated via web interface to the most recent 0.2-beta8 version.

Everything seems to run fine (as i can see, system is running since 30 minutes ...), i can create tanks but one problem is still remaining:

On the Home site of ZFSguru webinterface, i get the following status:

Running an unofficial system image featuring FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE with ZFS v28.
Running an unknown distribution.

When i try to install any extensions like file browser or apple sharing protocol, the gui says i can't install because no matching package for my distribution is available.

Can you give me little help how to fix that?

Thanks
Kilian
CiPHER
Developer

1199 posts

Posted on 3 January 2013 @ 07:54
If you install your own system, you need to compile install your own software. You can not use ZFSguru addon services. These are compiled for specific system versions, provided by ZFSguru.

Thus, if you use custom FreeBSD releases, that implies using custom FreeBSD installed ports as well. In other words: you need to everything yourself. You can not use ZFSguru services.

What you can do, is download an official system version, and install it to your pool on the System->Install page. Then you will be running ZFSguru instead of custom FreeBSD release. Then you can install ZFSguru service addons.
puzyvybaqi
User

2 posts

Posted on 12 August 2018 @ 14:45
All the flaws of the project have been highlighted for the individuals. The route map of the thing and https://cerasis.com/2017/11/02/logistics-as-your-major/ has been done for the approval of the terms and conditions for the future times.
Last Page

Valid XHTML 1.1